Mechanical Engineer experienced in the design, installation and commissioning of green field projects, especially cold rolling and/or hot rolling facilities. This long term contract is located in the Bowling Green, KY area and is a great opportunity to expand your background in opening new construction of project lines in manufacturing.
Technical Assignments and Expertise (Main Assignments):
* Coordinating and supporting the basic and detailed engineering of equipment and interfaces to building suppliers (esp. general contractor and engineering company). Defining functional and technical specifications with special view on future erection phases (installation costs and technical risks) and operative phase (maintenance costs).
* Reviewing equipment constructability & value engineering for mechanical parts and hydraulic systems for the entire duration of project from basic and detailed engineering, manufacturing, erection, commissioning (cold/hot) and through final acceptance (protocol) of the equipment.
* Managing inventory and storage of equipment prior to installation.
* Undertaking compliance audits of specifications and standards.
* Supervising the installation of mechanical equipment at the suppliers site and later on the project site.
* Quality management concerning equipment mechanical parts and hydraulic systems including interfaces to the building for the entire duration of the project.
* Consulting on the basic and detailed engineering of the cold rolling mill, batch annealing facility and auxiliary equipment with different suppliers and partners.
* Supervising the cold and hot commissioning of the main mechanical parts and hydraulic systems of equipment.
* Defining, executing and supervising acceptance tests including adequate reports.
* Reviewing suppliers documentation for completeness and applicability.
* Undertaking documentation management for plant maintenance requirements