The following example of a Mechanical Design Engineer resume is free and can be copied and edited.
Within the Mechanical Design Engineer’s responsibilities is designing specialized power machinery and adapting machinery to company facility.
An engineer knows how to develop appropriate plans and prototypes, runs tests, and makes any necessary improvements after analysis.
The engineer must be highly reliable, experienced and creative in adapting tools to company needs, as well as an effective team worker and communicator to cooperate with higher and lower staff.
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER / Mechanical Engineer
- Mechanical Design Engineer with 8+ years of experience, combination of well-rounded developed skills in mechanical design and product management.
- Specialized in designing power machinery, such as engines, generators and tools, as well as developing technical drawings and plans, building prototypes for testing purposes and making mechanical improvements in projects.
- Knowledgeable in CAD application software
- CAD: I-DEAS NX environment (3D and 2D drafting)
- High level of accuracy – Attention to details.
- Analytical skills – Complex problem solving.
- Learning agility and decision making ability.
- Excellent communication, managerial and interpersonal skills.
LMP Engineering Corporation Rome, NY 2004 – Present
Mechanical Design Engineer / Mechanical Engineer
- Developed and monitored product design and production for: engine design, power tools, generators, and other power machinery while maintaining quality standards and regular test runs.
- Handled design projects for line and packaging systems.
Key Performance Highlights
- Coordinated all the blueprint and manufacturing/production issues of the product design.
- Prepared all the training material and documentation: Trained junior engineers, technicians and customer staff and end-users to understand engineering drawings & principles.
- Resourceful in preparation of technical documents such as engineering releases
- Analyzed, tested and studied new mechanical design theories, new lines of products/devices and methodologies in order to make recommendations for the organization.
- Prepared and executed commissioning, conducted provisional tests, maintenance of installed equipment and performed risk assessments.
- Served as consultant to optimize and upgrade existing systems as per customer requirements for new processes and advanced facilities.
Education & Qualifications
University of Illinois Urbana, IL 2001 – 2004
Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering
Wentworth Institute of Technology Boston, MA 1999 – 2000
Mechanical Engineering Technologies
Dimensional Management Systems, LLC 2003