- Read dials and meters to determine amperage, voltage, electrical output and input at specific operating temperature to analyze parts performance.
- Analyze test results in relation to design or rated specifications and test objectives, and modify or adjust equipment to meet specifications.
- Evaluate tool drawing designs by measuring drawing dimensions and comparing with original specifications for form and function using engineering skills.
- Devise, fabricate, and assemble new or modified mechanical components for products such as industrial machinery or equipment, and measuring instruments.
- Discuss changes in design, method of manufacture and assembly, and drafting techniques and procedures with staff and coordinate corrections.
- Operate drill press, grinders, engine lathe, or other machines to modify parts tested or to fabricate experimental parts for testing.
- Review project instructions and blueprints to ascertain test specifications, procedures, and objectives, and test nature of technical problems such as redesign.
- Set up and conduct tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to investigate proposals for improving equipment performance.
- Review project instructions and specifications to identify, modify and plan requirements fabrication, assembly and testing.
- Record test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or test methods.
- Confer with technicians and submit reports of test results to engineering department and recommend design or material changes.
- Prepare parts sketches and write work orders and purchase requests to be furnished by outside contractors.
- Calculate required capacities for equipment of proposed system to obtain specified performance and submit data to engineering personnel for approval.
- Draft detail drawing or sketch for drafting room completion or to request parts fabrication by machine, sheet or wood shops.
- Test equipment, using test devices attached to generator, voltage regulator, or other electrical parts, such as generators or spark plugs.
- Inspect lines and figures for clarity and return erroneous drawings to designer for correction.
- Set up prototype and test apparatus and operate test controlling equipment to observe and record prototype test results.
- Estimate cost factors including labor and material for purchased and fabricated parts and costs for assembly, testing, or installing.
All 18 displayed
Weapons Technician (Land)
Validation Engineer: Job Description, Duties and Requirements